Your public speaking opportunity doesn’t end with a successful talk to an interested audience. A public speaking event generates other opportunities to get free or cheap advertising so make sure you exhaust all options.
1. Many times conventions or seminars will distribute brochures or flyers explaining the benefits of attending, this could include your name and qualifications.
2. Journalists may attend your talk and write an article about you. Better- don’t just hope one might come, invite one or two and offer free entrance.
3. Reporters or producers may contact you after seeing a flyer about your talk and want you to do it for them too. (Hint: make sure their name gets on the mailing list for that flyer.)
4. Pre-event publicity can be created by sending your press kit to local media.
5. You can create post-event publicity with a press release or notice of other talks.
6. The host or sponsor of your presentation may refer you to other clients.
7. You can get publicity through publications that your host or sponsor publishes (news letters, websites, email and other internal publications).
With all this talk of sponsors, some more examples of where to find a sponsor may be in order. Previously we’ve mentioned, unions, police departments, professional associations but there are many more. Get creative. Find non-profit organizations such as libraries, churches, historical sites, public schools and museums. Or locate special interest groups such as the Sierra Club or Pollution Control Advocates. For profit sponsors could include local corporations or bookstores. Organizations may include Chambers of Commerce, Realtor Associations, etc. Anywhere people gather could be a potential niche market and sponsor.
Start Working From Home Today!
There are many legitimate ways to work from home. Here you can find telecommuting jobs, virtual assistant jobs, home based jobs, home based businesses, work from home opportunities, organizational tips, information on running a small business, and more.