Mass Recycles Paper! Campaign Manager
Anywhere, MA US
Job Type: Limited Contract
The Massachusetts Recycling Coalition, Inc. (MassRecycle), a not-for-profit membership organization, seeks a Manager for its statewide paper recovery campaign, "Mass Recycles Paper!". This is an 18 hour per week contract position that allows a flexible schedule based out of the Contractor's home office. The contract length is six months to two years, depending on the success of fundraising. The Campaign has raised $75,000 since its inception in November 2006. The goal of the project is to recover 1 million tons of the 1.5 - 2 million tons of recyclable paper that is currently disposed each year in Massachusetts by the commercial, institutional and residential sectors through a multifaceted outreach effort. The position requires program development, fundraising, recruitment and coordination of sponsors and grant providers, outreach to municipal and regional recycling coordinators, event planning, website content and release of information to the press. The Contractor will report to the Campaign Steering Committee, with direct supervision by the Chairman. Some travel within the State may be required.
The successful candidate must have:ﾠ
* At least 3 years of demonstrated project management, sales, and/or fundraising experienceﾠ
* Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
* Understanding of and active interest in waste reduction and recycling issuesﾠ
* Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite. Webmaster experience a plus.
* A home office with phone, fax, email, computer and photocopying availability.ﾠ
* The ability to work effectively as team player with a minimum of supervision.ﾠ
* Bachelor's or higher degree preferred.
The contract rate is $32/hour, for an average of 16 hours/week through November 30, 2007. Travel expenses to be compensated at state mileage rate.. Applications should be emailed on or before May 24, 2007 and must include a cover letter, resume, and contact information (email addresses and phone numbers) for three recent employer references and one personal reference. No phone calls, please.