CIEE regularly has telecommute positions available. While the job described below is available at the time of this post, check their careers page for current openings.
CIEE Local Coordinator
Reply to: email@example.com
Date: 2008-01-10, 8:17PM PST
Supporting High School Exchange Students
Become a Local Coordinator with CIEE
Would you like to work as a Local Coordinator placing international exchange students into families and high schools? http://www.ciee.org/
Contact Connie Rush at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-477-9247.
Local Coordinator Responsibilities
Local Coordinators for CIEE USA High School Program form the link between host families, host high schools, and our exchange students. The role of the Local Coordinator is crucial in determining the success of the high school homestay experience for the student and host community.
CIEE Local Coordinators perform the following functions:
1. Represent CIEE USA High School program within your community, distributing information to the media, community organizations, volunteer and professional associations.
2. Establish communication with local high schools, sharing information about CIEE, and obtaining permission to place academic year students in these schools. Also register and enroll CIEE students in local high schools, and maintain contact with high school representatives to monitor each student’s progress. A High School Enrollment Form must be completed for each student placed in a school and submitted to the USA High School office within 10 days after a placement is confirmed.
3. Recruit, interview and select suitable host families in your area. Every family must be visited in their home, submit a completed Host Family Application, and provide two personal references for that family. Submit a record of the interview and reference checks on the Host Family Interview Form. Confirm each placement by providing complete and accurate paperwork, including a Host Family Application with photos, and the previously mentioned Host Family Interview Form, within 10 days after a placement is confirmed.
4. Provide a Host Family orientation to confirmed host families to fully prepare them for their hosting experience prior to the students arrival.
5. Meet each CIEE student at the airport and introduce him/her to the host family.
Provide counseling, support and supervision for students and families during the program year. Meet with each high school, host family, and student at least once every month. Private monthly meetings with individual students must be arranged. Supervision will include answering student’s questions about the community, counseling a student through the cultural adjustment process, assisting a student in situations requiring conflict resolution techniques, and monitoring a student’s academic progress.
6. Provide timely supervision reports for each student, based on the monthly personal visits, conversations with host families, and communication with high school representatives. Submit a Supervision Report for every student by the specified deadlines. Also submit a Final Summary Report for each student. Track all communication with student and family on Monthly communication log provided to you.
7. Inform CIEE USA High School office of any emergency situation, and keep the office apprised of potential conflicts or problems as they develop. The Local Coordinator, in cooperation with the CIEE office, will resolve any problems that develop.
8. If a host family change is necessary, notify the CIEE office, find a replacement Host Family for the student, and submit a new Host Family Application, Host Family Interview Form, and High School Enrollment Form, informing high school of host family change. First priority is in the same high school and if not, within the designated region.
• Compensation: $300-$600/high school student placed
• Telecommuting is ok.
• This is a part-time job.
• This is a contract job.
• This is at a non-profit organization.
Start Working From Home Today!
There are many legitimate ways to work from home. Here you can find telecommuting jobs, virtual assistant jobs, home based jobs, home based businesses, work from home opportunities, organizational tips, information on running a small business, and more.